Quick and Easy Indian Feast – Rogan Josh, Raita and Naan Bread with Mango Lassi.
Tonight we had a wonderful but very easy to make Indian feast and I just had to share with you how easy it was to make. I am sure that is not 100% authentic but it was so much nicer to make it at home. So here the instructions we used to create Rogan Josh, Raita and Naan Bread (plain and garlic) with Mango Lassi.
- Rogan Josh Simmer Sauce
- 500 grams chicken
- small tin of coconut cream
- tbsp oil
- Brown chicken in hot oil
- Add simmer sauce and coconut cream and summer until cooked
- 250ml natural yoghurt
- ½ cucumber finely chopped
- large pinch salt
- Wrap the grated cucumber in a tea towel and squeeze out any excess water.
- Put into cucumber into container with yoghurt and blend with mixmaster wand
- Serve chilled
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup yoghurt
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- crushed garlic (if you want Garlic Naan)
- Combine the flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a bowl. Mix in water, yoghurt and oil. Knead dough for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Place dough in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 250°C. Preheat pizza stone for 40 minutes. Punch down dough then divide it into 6 portions.
- Roll out each portion of dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12 x 20cm oval shape. Spread with Garlic if desired
- Spray both sides of the dough with oil. Bake on pizza stone for 5 minutes or until puffed and light golden.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- 2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 chopped mangos
- sugar to taste
- Put mango, yogurt, milk and sugarinto a blender and blend for 2 minutes, then pour into individual glasses, and serve.