Very excited! LittleMiss turns 3 today. I know I am totally biased … but she is a happy, wonderful little girl and I am so proud of how well she has done in a short time with her therapy.
As her favourite food is bananas … I have made for her daycare class today Banana and Choc-chip Cupcakes … and I thought I would share with you my recipe. She had a couple this afternoon and they appeared to be a bit of a hit with her.Will let you how they go with the rest of her class.
Banana and Choc-Chip Cupcakes
- 225 grams unsaled butter, softened
- 1.5 cups caster sugar
- 1.5 cups self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 4 ripe bananas
- 100grams Cadbury choc-chips
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 1.25 cups icing sugar, sieved
- t tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- In the Night Garden editable cupcake toppers
To make cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 175C
- Place 18 paper baking cases in muffin tins,
- Combine the butter, sugar, flour , eggs and nutmeg in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer (Go the Kenwood) for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Stir in the mashed banana and Choc-Chis until well combined
- Spoon the batter into the cases
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove tins from the oven and cool for 5 minutes
- Remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack
To make icing
- If you haven’t done it already .. sieve the icing sugar.
- Slowly beat the cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until it is soft and smooth.
- Add the icing sugar, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Beat vigorously until smooth and well combined.
- Swirl the icing onto the cooled cupcakes and garnish each cupcake with one of the editable cupcake toppers.